- About Au Pairs
- Au Pair Agencies
- Ratings & Reviews
- Members Only
- Writers Block
- About Us
Au Pair Agency Ratings and Reviews - 2013
Au Pair Agency Ratings & Reviews
Read Our Au Pair Agency Reviews and Ratings
Before You Host an Au Pair
Your Children will Thank You!
An Educated Parent Makes the Best Childcare Choices
READ OUR LATEST 2014 REVIEWS!
2013 Au Pair Agency Reviews & Ratings
Included in Our Au Pair Agency Reviews:
- Major Agency Strengths - agencies with low fees; good au pair health insurance, quality au pairs, parent recommendations, customer service, local support, etc.
- Major Agency Weaknesses - most expensive fees, poor screening methods, au pairs who don't drive or speak English, poor customer service, etc.
- Agencies that have Quality au pairs - which agencies shine, which agencies to avoid!
- Cost-effective au pair agencies - we outline all costs for each agency
- Specific Programs - we identify agencies that have unique programs for special needs children, infants and half-time childcare
- Agency Websites - which sites are user friendly, offer great host parent resources, ease of navigation so you can easily find what you need, etc.
- Phone Service - how agency staff handle calls, which agencies depend on answering machines, emergency coverage, helpfulness, etc.
- Host Family Ratings - how did host parents like yourself rate each agency?
Not all au pair agencies are the same - know more and choose better!
An Educated Parent Makes the Best Childcare Consumer
BEST Au Pair Agencies for 2013
Top-Rated Au Pair Agencies
The NUMBER One 2013 Winner for Overall Excellent Customer Service
The Good NEWS!
Au pairs are highly affordable and are one of the for busy American families.
Finally, there is a better way to find an au pair!
- While most au pair agencies receive MIXED customer satisfaction ratings from host parents, there are 3 agencies that receive positive evaluations that are above average FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE and deserve our recognition in our yearly Top 3 Au Pair Agency List for 2013.
- Find out which agency made the #1 spot.
- Find out which agencies did poorly - so you know which programs to avoid.
- Our Review includes Host Family Comments.
Read Our Top Au Pair Agencies List for 2013 NOW!
Compare 2013 list with
Our Blue Ribbon Winners for 2013 - Best English Speaking
Do you need an au pair with excellent English speaking skills?
American host parents rate good English skills as one of the most important factors in their decision to match with an au pair.
Now, there is an easier way to find au pairs with good, reliable English skills...
We have the survey results from real host parents like yourself - host parents rate their au pair’s ability to speak and communicate in English on a 4-point rating scale:
“Not Satisfied at All” -- "Somewhat Satisfied" -- "Satisfied" -- “Very Satisfied”
- Agency A is the top Host Parent's Blue Ribbon Pick - at 92% - Host Parents gave this agency EXCELLENT Satisfaction Scores.
- Agency B, a leading program, comes in third, only Receiving 74% Satisfaction from their Host Parents.
- A well-known, East coast agency receives one of the Lowest Ratings - Only 54% of their Host Parents were Satisfied with the English Skills of their au pairs.
- A smaller agency receives 75% - one of the highest rated programs for English Skills.
Our 2013 Report includes all major au pair agencies and the top smaller programs plus host parent comments and recommendations like this:
- "We have a special needs child and her au pair needs to speak English clearly and well - we found the best agency that delivered the right au pair to our home. Thank you Au Pair Clearinghouse! We saved a lot of time and worry with your excellent reviews and insider information on the au pair industry.
- "Our agency is small but helpful, we could always talk to someone when we needed to and they were able to place an au pair with us that spoke almost perfect English."
- "Not only was (this agency) very expensive, they could NOT find us an au pair who spoke English well enough to complete a basic interview over the phone! Very frustrating!"
Best Au Pair Driving Skills Review for 2013
Host Parents Rate Satisfaction with Agency Screening of Au Pair Driving Skills - 2013
Host parents evaluate their au pair's ability to drive a car on a 4-point scale:
“Not Satisfied at all” -- "Somewhat Satisfied" -- "Satisfied" -- “Very Satisfied”
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 20 million U.S. children and adolescents suffer preventable motorcar injuries annually. A survey completed by a leading au pair agency found that child safety is the number one concern for American host families.
No question - Driving is an important skill that your au pair should have.
It is hard to tell if your au pair will be able to drive when she arrives. She will tell you she drives and perhaps the agency says so on her application, but NO au pair agency evaluates any au pair’s driving skills during the screening process and before she arrives in your home. It is just too expensive and time consuming.
Find the au pair agencies that get it right - we connect you with the au pair agencies that really shine and receive top ratings on driving. Host parents complete our yearly Host Family Satisfaction Survey and share their experiences with you.
Don't Guess, Verify, if your au pair has the driving skills you need to ensure the safety of your children.
Best Quality Au Pairs Review for 2013
Host Parents Ratings - the Best Quality Au Pairs
In our 2013 Host Family Satisfaction Survey, parents rate their Satisfaction with their agency’s Quality of Au Pairs.
The Quality of Au Pairs is defined by these characteristics:
- Ability to Keep Children Safe
- Pleasant & Flexible Personalities
- Ability to Drive Well
- Ability to Speak English Well
- Childcare Experience
- Host parents rate the TOP 4 agencies, ranging from only 71% Satisfaction rate to 80%. Only one leading au pair agency falls into this top category.
- Five agencies fall into the Average range (60-66%) - with 2 leading au pair programs on the list.
- The remaining 4 agencies receive the lowest ratings (46% - 56%) and one leading agency, located on the East Coast, is among them.
Au pair agencies receiving low ratings indicate host parents are "Dissatisfied - Very Dissatisfied" with the au pair they were matched with.
Sample Comments by Host Family 2013 Survey Respondents
- "We had one FABULOUS au pair we got in rematch. We then matched with a HORRIBLE au pair who was positioned as motivated and a great driver. Her driving was extremely dangerous, and she abandoned our family after only 10 days to go to a language school in New York. Our third au pair, from rematch, seems good so far."
- "This agency is a scam. They shuffle incompetent, poorly selected au pairs from one family to the next, with no accountability."
- "Our au pair moved out in the middle of the night with 7 weeks on her contract. Initially, agency was helpfully, but local coordinator failed to follow up."
- "Our agency did not have a large pool of good au pairs...I don't know how they run their business when they cannot provide the basics: au pairs that can communicate in English, drive and have some childcare experience. Unbelievable!"
- "We always find good au pairs with this agency, we have been with them now for 5 years and they don't disappoint!"
Find out which agencies deliver great au pairs....
Find out which agencies fall short.....
Best Counselor Ratings for 2013
Host Parents Rate Satisfaction with Agency's Local Support - 2013
Counselors, LCCs or Regional Representatives are very important to the overall success of the match between host families and their au pairs.
Providing expert local support is key in the overall perception of customer satisfaction for each agency.
Counselors are the local agency staff that is assigned to each family and au pair and their duties are numerous:
Provides ongoing support and assistance throughout the year
Offers monthly meetings to the local au pairs
Maintains monthly contact with both host parent and au pair
Provides assistance to both families and au pairs with health problems, college courses, driving issues and childcare.
Provides ongoing safety and childcare workshops for au pairs
Provides advice and counseling when problems arise
Host Families Rate their Satisfaction with their Counselors
- Only One Larger Agency Makes the The TOP Three Au Pair Agencies that Receive the Highest Ratings!
- Only 4 Agencies Fall in the "Very Good - Excellent" Range
- 6 Agencies Receive 50% and Lower for Host Family Satisfaction with the Local Support they Receive from their Program