- About Au Pairs
- Au Pair Agencies
- Ratings & Reviews
- Members Only
- Writers Block
- About Us
Largest Au Pair Agency - Cultural Care
Cultural Care Agency Profile
Located in Cambridge, MA and founded in 1989, this is the largest agency in the U.S. With a strong marketing campaign and new changes in their recruiting and screening methods, Cultural Care Au Pair is a powerhouse in the industry. They have expanded into China and Thailand and by 2012, they hope to begin recruiting from Ireland. Their website is well-stocked with valuable resources for host families, is user friendly and customer oriented. Cultural Care is media savvy, with twitter and facebook exposure, online educational videos and counselor blogs. Twice recipients of IAPA’s prestigious Au Pair of the Year Award, this agency is enjoying a nice rebound from their former decline just a few years ago.
What Are Some of Cultural Care’s Strengths?
- Great Website - Cultural Care’s online presence is user friendly, professional looking and highly informative. We especially like their blog, The Buzz, where au pair experts discuss problems host parents are having, giving words of advice and suggestions and fielding all kinds of questions from their readers! Answer Au Pair Mom’s video series is a great example of their savvy online marketing and cutting edge uses of technology to broaden their customer base.
- Recruitment Improvement - In September of 2010 they made a decision to no longer use overseas agents in the recruitment of their au pair candidates. Cultural Care’s 100% transition to using only Cultural Care offices to recruit au pairs is a reflection of the investment this agency continues to make to improve the quality of their services.
- Best Local Blogs - LCCs (counselors) at Cultural Care are experienced at blogging and they maintain wonderful blog websites across the country – the blogs are typically full of advice, tips and other useful information for host families and the public at large and are the best in the industry.
- Improved Customer Service - Our host family satisfaction survey results for Cultural Care have been steadily improving since they were dropped from our Top Au Pair Agency list. See our 2013 Survey Results to read about the services they shine in and what areas they still need to improve upon.
- Market Leader - Cultural Care’s strong presence online is a great marketing strategy and positions them well in front of parents looking for affordable childcare. Their improved customer service, increased quality in their au pairs and their user friendly, informative website and strong Internet presence makes Cultural Care a major player in the au pair industry today.
This is what Natalie Jordan, Senior Vice President at Cultural Care, has to say about her agency:
"We are really proud of the focus we continue to maintain on customer service and the needs of our host families and au pairs. We continue to explore opportunities using various social media platforms to connect with our customers and by better understanding customers’ needs, we can continue to develop our program accordingly. Our exclusive recruitment structure allows us to have a direct impact on quality and we’re really excited about our expansion to China, Thailand and our newest addition to come, Ireland.