- About Au Pairs
- Au Pair Agencies
- Ratings & Reviews
- Members Only
- Writers Block
- About Us
BEST Au Pair Agencies for 2013
Survey Results Reveal the
Top-Rated Au Pair Agencies and the NUMBER One 2013 Winner for Overall Excellence!
The Good NEWS!
Au pairs are highly affordable and are one of the most popular childcare choices for busy American families.
Finally, there is a better way to find an au pair!
- While most au pair agencies receive MIXED customer satisfaction ratings from host parents, there are 3 agencies that receive positive evaluations that are above average and deserve our recognition in our yearly Top 3 Au Pair Agency List for 2013!
Find out which agencies did poorly - so you know which programs to avoid!
Compare 2013 Winners with
Host Parent's Comments from our 2013 Host Family Survey:
NUMBER #1 Winning Agency Comments:
- "My placement counselor always called me back and seemed to know the answers to our questions. We are a first time host family and we appreciated their great customer service!"
- "Great service and we matched with a great au pair - honest and smart and experienced. She could drive too - wonderful bonus."
- "This agency didn't forget us or our au pair after we matched - they continued to be available to us all year round, not like other, larger agencies who 'sell' you a contract and then ignore you after your au pair arrives."
- "Yes, I would certainly recommend this smaller agency to other parents!"
- "My agency was great, I could see all applicants without paying a fee, and they even gave me some extra applicants that hadn't made it onto the website yet and one of them is who we matched with!"
Second Place Agency Comments:
- "We've had one amazing Au Pair and one not so amazing Au Pair."
- "Wonderful and professional service!"
- "Matching was easy and we found a great au pair who has a great personality and our kids just love her as we do!"
- "The problem with this agency is they don't provide a score for English, they prefer you interview without knowing the English speaking status. Because I have a special needs child I pushed for matches of high English speaking ability and they obliged, however they were not going to at first."
- "The most useful aspect was simply viewing dozens of videos of potential au pairs. This took considerable amount of time, but allowed us to get a feel for the au pairs faster than any other way we could find. There would be benefit to creating a stronger matching system - consider the methods used by Eharmony for instance, where they have each person take an extensive inventory - the more the two sides align, the better the chance of a match."
- "I would recommend this agency to others."
- "Where are they getting the applicants? Why do those girls have to pay thousands of dollars to the agency to help them with the application? My agency really knows nothing about it? One of my Au Pair from Japan paid $4000 just to applied, why?"
Third Place Agency Comments:
- "This agency was there for us from the beginning and their staff, although not well-trained and young, tried very hard to please our family."
- "I have been with (my agency) for five years and customer service, or lack of as of now, is poor and the quality has gone down."
- "We were first time hosts, specifically said we needed a good driver. None of the candidates we were matched were. Our au pair could not drive safely when she arrived. We paid for driving school to the tune of $600. Still had problems! Very bad situation for us."
- "Main office did not return my phone calls for over a week. Unacceptable and I switched to another agency when my contract was over."
- "Local counselors are okay, but some of them are more like sales people, they are great about signing you up, promising you the moon, but really don't know how to solve problems once the au pairs arrive."
- "My local counselor was great - but then she is a social worker so she knows her stuff - maybe all au pair agency 'counselors' should in fact be licensed by the USA government?"
- "My au pair was good, and their service was fine - yes, I would recommend them to other parents."
- "I have a special needs child and our au pair was terrific with her - I did work hard alongside my placement counselor to find her, and I advise ALL parents not to depend on your agency to get you that perfect au pair - you have to do the work too!"
Programs That Did Not Make Our Top Au Pair Agency List (Host Parent Comments):
- "This agency should be closed - my au pair left my child bus stop several times. She just forgot to pick her up."
- "A nightmare experience that ended up costing us thousands of dollars and no childcare."
- "I question if this agency should be operating - their au pairs are not experienced and they also give the impression they have other plans besides staying with host families to mind the children."
- "This is our 6th year with this agency. Our recent experience dealing with disconnects between the home office verse what the local counselor advised has negated our previous five years with the agency. We will not return."
- "The counselor give us hard time to rematch even though the au pair turned out to be party girl, chasing boys and 'hot dad' around town with our kids in tow!!!"
- "This agency's au pair pool may be small because program charges high fees to au pairs?"
- "Poor service, poor candidates, not responsible for wrong info on application."
- "I would say since there are 14 au pair agencies and now that I am a member of Au pair clearinghouse, I can pick and choose from the best of the agencies! For that reason, I would not recommend my current agency, but to be fair, they are new, and they don't have a lot of information on their website."