- About Au Pairs
- Au Pair Agencies
- Ratings & Reviews
- Members Only
- Writers Block
- About Us
Featured Au Pair Agency - CHI AuPairUSA
Featured Agency for October – CHI Au Pair USA
If you live in sunny California and you are looking for a small, experienced agency that cares about customer service, you are in luck! CHI Au Pair, located in San Anselmo, California, has been in business since 2004. They are one of the least expensive agencies in the U.S.A. and they have their eye on quality au pairs and great customer service.
What Are Some of CHI Au Pair’s Strengths?
- Phone Service - we give them an A. You are quickly connected to the Operations Manager, Deborah Herlocker, who eagerly answers all of your questions about hosting an au pair.
- Male Au Pairs – one of the few agencies that offers male au pairs.
- Diverse Selection of Countries –this agency recruits from more than 30 countries!
- English Speaking Au Pairs - in 2010, host parents gave this agency high ratings for au pairs who speak English well!
This is what Deborah Herlocker, Operations Manager, has to say about her agency:
- Countries We Recruit From: China, Taiwan, Thailand, Japan, Kazakhstan, Australia, South Africa, Namibia, Malawi, Ghana, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Estonia, France, Germany, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, and El Salvador. Recruit, but not as many applicants: Moldova, U.K, Netherlands, Czech and Slovak Republics, Hungary, Poland, Mongolia, Denmark, Norway, Switzerland, Uzbekistan, Jamaica, Mexico, Bulgaria.
- We Specialize In: Personalized customer service and well-screened au pairs. Before an au pair can apply to our program, they must meet our strict requirements for English skills. Not only do au pairs have to demonstrate English language fluency, but they must have a minimum 500 TOEFL test score (no other au pair agency requires this English test as part of their au pair screening).
- Special Needs Au Pairs: Right now, there is a much larger supply of au pair applicants interested in the program than ever before. More and more of these applicants are coming with a professional background in nursing, teaching, therapy or psychology. Although Special Needs Qualified Au Pairs are still limited, we have more available now than ever before.
- Au Pair Training: In addition to reviewing materials on childcare, American culture, program regulation etc with our partner agencies, all au pairs must go through an in person orientation with our national coordinator. In addition to their time with our national coordinator reviewing childcare methods, culture shock, adjustment, communication and other issues, they also receive Red Cross CPR and First Aid training as well as childhood development training from a child psychologist.
If you are interested in reading more about this great little agency and how they train their au pairs, verify au pair references, their personalized matching services and much more, please check out our CHI AuPairUSA Review NOW!
You can also visit their site, http://www.chiaupairusa.org/